A CPD article improved Linda Thorley’s knowledge of the importance of nursing handovers and clear communication
What was the nature of the CPD activity, practice-related feedback and/or event and/or experience in your practice?
The article explored the role of handovers in healthcare settings, including the various types and functions, the structured frameworks that can be used, and the potential effects of an ineffective handover.
What did you learn from the CPD activity, feedback and/or event and/or experience in your practice?
The article defined a handover as the transfer of professional responsibility and accountability for some or all aspects of care for a patient or a group of patients, to another or professional group on a temporary or permanent basis. I learned that the primary function of a handover is to provide continuity of care by sharing information with...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests