A CPD article improved Jane Lynch’s knowledge of cardiopulmonary resuscitation equipment
What was the nature of the CPD activity, practice-related feedback and/or event and/or experience in your practice?
The article provided an overview of adult cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) equipment, and its location in a standard resuscitation trolley. It outlined the nurse’s responsibilities in relation to CPR, such as recognising signs of cardiac arrest, commencing CPR, checking the resuscitation trolley and record-keeping.
What did you learn from the CPD activity, feedback and/or event and/or experience in your practice?
From reading the article, I learned that nurses have a crucial role in responding to cardiac arrest and initiating emergency care, and need to have the knowledge and skills to do this. I also gained knowledge of the name, function and location of each of the items in a resuscitation trolley....
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests