A CPD article enhanced Anita Skinner’s knowledge of the assessment and management of chronic pancreatitis
What was the nature of the CPD activity, practice-related feedback and/or event and/or experience in your practice?
The article examined the pathophysiology, diagnosis and management of chronic pancreatitis, including how nurses can address its main symptoms, particularly chronic pain. Having recently cared for a patient with chronic pancreatitis, I was prompted to research the condition further by reading the article.
What did you learn from the CPD activity, feedback and/or event and/or experience in your practice?
Chronic pancreatitis is a long-term inflammatory condition that is strongly linked to alcohol misuse and cannot be cured. The article explained that it is thought that alcohol damages the sphincter of Oddi, the small ducts and acinar cells, and may lead to the development of pancreatic stones that...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests