Acute coronary syndrome
A CPD article improved Susan Wrigglesworth’s knowledge of the assessment and management of acute coronary syndrome
What was the nature of the CPD activity, practice-related feedback and/or event and/or experience in your practice?
The article discussed the assessment and management of acute coronary syndrome, and explained the three types – unstable angina, ST elevation myocardial infarction (STEMI) and non-ST elevation myocardial infarction (NSTEMI) – as well as their pathophysiology and treatments.
What did you learn from the CPD activity, feedback and/or event and/or experience in your practice?
I learned that acute coronary syndrome is a medical emergency in which blood supply to the myocardium has become partially or completely occluded, and that it is one of the leading causes of premature death in the UK.
The article emphasised that nurses have a crucial role in survival following acute...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests