Respiratory nurse gave our family the confidence to use essential equipment
Deputy sister Lucy Pinner's compassion and expertise helped enhance the care of Margaret Gillham's mother
When my mother was admitted to the respiratory support and sleep centre at Papworth Hospital NHS Foundation Trust in Cambridgeshire, Lucy Pinner showed exceptional kindness in dealing with her clinical issues.
My mother has respiratory failure, and after a series of chest infections she needed long-term non-invasive ventilation (NIV), so was admitted to a ward at the centre to help her become familiar with the equipment.
Treated with respect
Lucy, a deputy ward sister, was extremely caring towards our family and she is the leader of a wonderful ward team. We found all the staff kind and caring towards patients, with nothing too much trouble.
No matter how busy the nurses are, all patients and relatives are treated with respect and dignity.
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests