Gentle psychiatric nurse helps me avoid stress
Maureen Robinson says nurse David Robinson allows her to relax and focus on her own health and even helps with her benefits
David Robinson – no relation – is my community psychiatric nurse (CPN) and the first male CPN I have ever had.
He is a wonderful, kind, gentle man and is great to talk to, even about women's health issues.
He came to nursing as a second career, having worked on oil rigs off the coast of Canada. Making such a big change showed how much he wanted to be a nurse.
I did well in a photography competition for the Alzheimer’s Society and they used my picture of crocuses for their calendar. I gave him a copy and he said he would frame it and put it on his desk, which pleased me a great deal....
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests