‘Diabetes specialist nurse saved my life’
When Lindsay McKillop developed complications from diabetes, she nearly died. But she says nurse Kathy Taylor went beyond the call of duty to help save her life and aid her recovery.
Three years ago I nearly died from complications related to diabetes, but specialist nurse Kathy Taylor and her excellent team helped to save my life
Having previously been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, I was being monitored by my GP. I had been feeling unwell for a while and the GP thought I had caught a winter bug. In fact, I had type 1 diabetes.
I don't recall much from that time, except that I was very unwell. I spent five days in intensive care at Royal Alexandra Hospital in Paisley, and a further eight weeks in another part...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests