Advanced nurse practitioner made shock diagnosis bearable
When Martin Bailey's mother Janet was diagnosed with motor neurone disease, it was advanced nurse practitioner Kym Troman who provided essential support to help the family cope
When my mum Janet Bailey was diagnosed with motor neurone disease we were lucky to be under the care of advanced nurse practitioner Kym Troman.
The diagnosis of this cruel disease came as a shock. My mum didn’t seem to take it in, but I did and it hit hard.
When we met Kym she was friendly and caring from the outset, but at this point mum still wasn’t taking it all in. Kym really got through to her and made her realise the seriousness of the illness.
Here to help
When Janet Bailey was diagnosed with MND it was her nurse who helped the family cope....
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests