Readers panel: Should the government rethink the 2012 NHS reforms or would this be an unnecessary distraction?
According to some reports, the government may scrap elements of the Health and Social Care Act 2012 as part of a multi-year funding plan for the NHS in England. Nursing Standard readers have their say
Liz Charalambous is a staff nurse and PhD student in Nottingham @lizcharalambou
The NHS needs a complete rethink if it is to continue providing healthcare free at the point of delivery. But change can be time-consuming, expensive, exhausting, exasperating, demoralising and often senseless if carried out with a toxic agenda. Any such decisions need to be depoliticised. If we do not act immediately to rectify the serious damage done to the NHS, I fear it may be too late. NHS staff are rapidly running out of patience.
Rachel Kent is a mental health nurse in London...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests