Readers’ panel: Is ‘corridor care’ proof that the system is broken?
Nurses have described how ‘corridor nursing’ has increasingly become the norm
Nurses have described how ‘corridor nursing’ has increasingly become the norm in NHS hospitals. Nursing Standard readers have their say
Almost two thirds of nurse respondents to a Nursing Standard survey said that providing care for patients on trolleys in hospital corridors is a daily occurrence in their workplace.
Daniel Athey is a charge nurse on an acute medical unit in Sheffield @danjathey
Corridor nursing, or boarding, has long been an issue in emergency departments and assessment areas. It is sad that this is becoming more widespread, but the system is under unbearable pressure...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Already registered or subscribed? Log in