Readers panel: Are stressed healthcare staff in danger of forgetting the lessons of Mid Staffs?
A report by the charity Point of Care Foundation argues that the lessons learned from Mid Staffs are in danger of being forgotten amid endless service pressures. Nursing Standard readers have their say
Drew Payne is a community staff nurse in north London @drew_london
The biggest lesson from Mid Staffs – implementing safe staffing levels – has never been learned by those with the power to do something about it. Demand and workload is increasing month-on-month, yet staffing levels are falling. We are facing a perfect storm in the NHS, and only health service staff are holding it back, for now. I fear that Mid Staffs is already happening again – not in one place, but patient by patient across the NHS....
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests