Letters: A perfect ratio
The residential care home for people with dementia in my village has a staff/resident ratio of 1:4. Needless to say, the residents receive excellent care.
Problems only seem to arise when any of the residents are admitted to hospital where staffing ratios are nowhere near as good.
This just cannot be right, can it?
Peggy Pryer, retired nurse
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests