Letter from Zambia 5: A refreshing response to a writing workshop
Since 2014, nurses and nursing students from the UK have been visiting Zambia and working with the Ministry of Health there to help develop critical care nursing. In the latest of a series of blogs Majors Chris Carter and Sue Viveash describe how they encouraged Zambian colleagues to write articles for publication, holding a workshop and giving tutorials to put them on the path to sharing their experiences with a wider audience
Today we met with our nurse tutor peers to facilitate a writing for publication workshop. We began the session by asking the tutors what they believed the barriers were to writing an article for publication.
Unsurprisingly, lack of motivation, making time to write alongside busy personal and professional lives and lack of knowledge of the...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests