Letter: a tribute to Dr John Adams
John Adams was a strong advocate of nursing history and a gifted speaker, writer and editor. Members of the RCN History of Nursing Society pay tribute to a much loved colleague.
John Adams was an active and longstanding member of the RCN’s History of Nursing Society (HoNS), most recently serving as a member of the steering committee from 2011 to 2015.
Advocate of nursing history
He will be remembered as a strong advocate of nursing history and its scholarship, and for his kindness, wit and passion for making history real. He was both a gentleman and a gentle man.
As professor Anne-Marie Rafferty said: ‘He burrowed away quietly in the archives, often on his own initiative, as the long distance scholar but had a knack for spotting a great topic...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests