Out of the Woods: A journey through depression and anxiety
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
This book tells the story of the author’s personal journey through and out of depression, including his dark moments of despair and helplessness.
He uses comic-book style drawings that develop a narrative of the struggles of his life, the impact that depression has had on his life and his sense of self, the subsequent experiences with medical and psychological professionals and how he got his life back on track.
The use of pictures does not detract from the serious nature of the subject matter, which contains helpful and accurate descriptions about how clinical depression can distort perceptions of yourself, the world and your future.
The use of visual images to tell this story is remarkable, creating a compelling narrative with an immediate impact. The material is sensitively described throughout, and the brief text with the pictures convey deep and significant...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests