Nightingales Under the Mistletoe
Against the backdrop of wartime England with food shortages and battle defeats, readers are reunited with Millie, a romantic from the first three books, who gave up her nursing career when she married her husband Seb and moved to her ancestral home.
After being widowed, and rural bliss failing to materialise, we see her protect her home from requisition by the armed forces, reunite with nursing and eventually see her rekindle a long-lost love.
Recognising there are battles to be fought on the home front (or more specifically, the evacuated hospital in the Kent countryside), readers will be gripped by characters such as underage Effie who has left her Irish roots and falls for a smooth-talking GI, only to realise that her heart actually belongs to a farmer from back home.
Meanwhile, two sisters’ family beliefs are challenged when they fall in love with the same man....
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests