The Menopause Cure: Hormonal Health
The title of this book suggests the menopause is a curable illness, rather than a normal life event.
The text is as much about ageing as it is about menopause and appears to suggest that with changes to hormones (but not conventional ones), you can outlive the ageing process.
The term ‘restorative medicine’ is embraced by many medically qualified practitioners who offer ‘hormone balancing’ – at great cost – to lengthen lifespan and prolong youth. While it may appear an alluring prospect, such treatments for menopause are under-researched and unlicensed in the UK, with no research evidence to review.
Among this book’s positive points is the need for women to take their health seriously and to make lifestyle changes to see them through the menopause and into old age. With conventional HRT now using mainly natural types of oestrogen and progesterone, nurses can offer women an evidence-based...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests