Health Intervention Research: Understanding Research Design & Methods
The text is divided into three sections. The first emphasises the importance of selecting the correct research designs and methods. The second focuses on the effects of intervention on outcomes. The final section covers methods used in conducting intervention evaluation research.
The book is easy to navigate, has clear explanations of complex concepts and can act as a steer to more detailed information if required. I used this book to guide me through some unfamiliar research methods.
While it is not written with a UK context in mind, and does not have some of the specific legal and NHS frameworks and regulations, I did not feel the book was any less useful for that.
I would recommend this text to nurses seeking a clear reference guide. It will also be useful for novice researchers in health who want to develop an understanding of how evidence is gained...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests