Book review: Under the Knife: Surgical Stories from Around the World
Under the Knife: Surgical Stories from Around the World
★ ★ ★★
The title and cover was enough to tempt me, as the book seemed like a humorous story on the life of a surgeon. But after reading, it was more than that.
Occasionally, we can be guilty of only seeing what is happening in our own workplace and of not seeing the national or even international perspective. This book offers global perspectives and shows that although techniques and situations differ, universal similarities exist in theatre roles, specifically for surgeons.
Clinical and non-clinical contributions from surgeons from around the world, including from the author, describe starting and continuing a life working in theatre. The patient stories highlight real situations and are at times touching and even humbling.
From a nurse's perspective, particularly one who has worked in operating theatres, it would...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests