Book Review: Thoughtful Health Care - Ethical Awareness & Reflective Practice
★ ★ ★ ★
This easy-to-read book is a must for nurses seeking to improve the quality of care they provide. It challenges many of the belief structures held within the NHS and how healthcare professionals see the NHS. It also examines clearly and honestly where policymakers have made mistakes.
Fictional scenarios, stories and 'stop and think' statements are used to encourage the reader to think independently, explore their own beliefs and those of others, develop problem-solving abilities, improve critical decision-making skills and reflect on their own practice.
The eight chapters explore subjects such as values, the use of simplistic labelling and the purpose of the NHS. At the end of each chapter there's a useful summary of the issues raised.
The final chapter provides a practical and useful toolkit, which can be used by nurses to develop and provide appropriate, high-quality...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests