Book review: Snowball in a Blizzard: The Tricky Problem of Uncertainty in Medicine
Snowball in a Blizzard: The Tricky Problem of Uncertainty in Medicine
£14.99 | 320pp
ISBN: 9781782399872 (hardback)
The author of this book, an assistant professor of medicine, uses his many years of front-line medical experience to challenge the perception of medicine.
The reader is presented with the scenario of a clinical ward round on an intensive care unit. While the medical team discusses the relevance of tests, medicines and treatments, the family pick up on the unsure nature of the conversation. This is a great opener that we can all relate to and that highlights the uncertainties we encounter every day.
The book’s fascinating chapters focus on the uncertainty of diagnosis and treatments. Although aimed at those working in medicine or diagnostics, it will make nurses consider what they say and how...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests