Book review: Person-Centred Practice in Nursing and Health Care: Theory and Practice (Second edition)
Person-Centred Practice in Nursing and Health Care: Theory and Practice (Second edition)
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
This book is a good example of how nursing practice and approaches are transferable to others disciplines within healthcare. In this revision, the subject has been expanded to cover healthcare in a broader sense and in non-hospital settings.
The book is well presented and guides the reader clearly through various areas that might need to be considered when thinking about person-centred practice.
The context of person-centred practice sets the basis for the later sections that explore and develop the notion of ‘person- centredness’.
The way in which different approaches of practice, not only clinical, are used to illustrate a person-centred and how this can be integrated into practice is balanced. The reflection of the concept is even-handed and gives an in depth, practical way of...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests