Book review: Nursing and Healthcare Research at a Glance
Nursing and Healthcare Research at a Glance
★ ★ ★ ★
An easy read, this book could appeal to all levels of nursing researchers, academics, students and anyone trying to embark on the clinical research ladder. It explains all theories and principles of research necessary to read a clinical research paper .
For new readers of research, the book offers advice on time management and how to engage with supervisors.
Research language is simplified and the book illustrates each chapter diagrammatically, which is useful for different types of learners, especially visual learners.
It takes the reader through all the necessary processes of forming a research question and using the PICO (population, intervention, comparison and outcome) and SPICE framework (setting, population or perspective, intervention, comparison and evaluation). All the essentials such as how to conduct a literature review, systematic review and hierarchy...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests