Book review: Medicines Management in Mental Health Nursing (Second edition)
★ ★ ★ ★
This second edition is aimed at undergraduate mental health nursing but would be informative for mental health nurses who have entered practice.
Laid out over 11 chapters, the book aims to meet the Nursing & Midwifery Council essential skills clusters competencies for medicines management.
The book is easy to navigate, with chapters dedicated to the major areas of mental health nursing including psychosis, bipolar disorder and anxiety disorders.
Throughout each chapter are learning activities to provide readers with thought provoking clinical scenarios, with suggested answers provided further through the chapter.
Useful chapters that cover pharmacological action of drugs will provide the reader with a firm foundation for clinical practice.
The final chapter of the book contains the issues of medicines management for the multidisciplinary team and outlines the contemporary roles undertaken by clinical staff.
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests