Book review: Infection Prevention and Control at a Glance
Infection Prevention and Control at a Glance
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
This book is an excellent resource for all who have an interest in the field of infection prevention and control (IPC), including nursing students.
The authors, IPC nurse specialists, have produced an exceptional publication with a concise and colourfully-designed format that distinguishes it from many leading IPC publications. The book makes use of simple, user-friendly illustrated diagrams and text boxes that cover a variety of IPC topics and concerns faced by IPC nurses on a daily basis.
There are four distinct parts to the book. Part 1 offers insight into the role of the IPC team. The second focuses on the principles of IPC, including the chain of infection, hand hygiene and personal protective equipment. Part three concentrates on the clinical practice aspects of IPC. The final part looks at...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests