Book Review: How to Survive Your Nursing or Midwifery Course
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
This book is designed to help nursing students and midwives juggle the competing demands of work, study and life.
There is a good balance between looking at personal factors such as procrastination, study skills such as assignment writing, and professional issues such as evidence-based practice and reflective practice. There is also useful advice at the end of the book regarding the transition to registered practitioner, including how to complete an application form and prepare for an interview.
It is a very practical book, with lots of hints and suggestions from the authors, who are experienced in supporting students.
Activities within the chapters aid the application of material to the individual reader, such as identification of learning styles and identifying transferable skills. There are suggestions about further sources of help and further reading at the end of each chapter....
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests