Book review: The Health Debate (Second edition)
This book is a must for any nurse interested in the political agenda and its impact on the NHS and nursing. It is very well written and easy to follow, sharing many thoughts on how policy and politics are influencing the struggles currently faced by all NHS organisations.
The updated edition includes the recent national policy changes including the Five Year Forward View, which is discussed in detail.
The conclusions at the end of each chapter are particularly useful for clarity and confirmation. With the current austerity measures and the future of healthcare changing rapidly, this is appropriate reading for all nurses to understand the reasoning behind the machinations of change.
Nurses in leadership roles should definitely read this to assist with future planning and gain an understanding of the complex system we work within.
While I would encourage individuals...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests