Book Review: Fast Facts: Parkinson’s Disease (Fourth edition)
★ ★ ★ ★
Although a small book, it is easy to read, well-structured and contains a vast amount of information on the illness and associated syndromes.
Colour print, key points, diagrams and pictures bring the book to life, and the straightforward text makes it an accessible read. However, as with any medical textbook, much of the information will date quickly.
The book provides a comprehensive exploration of Parkinson’s disease and its associated conditions, treatments and complications. The emphasis on quality of life and holistic care and the inclusion of patients’ perspectives make it an essential text for Parkinson’s specialist nurses or any nurse working with these patients.
Chapters on the patient journey, diagnosis and other therapies and support would be useful for different nursing groups, including nursing students.
K Ray Chaudhuri, Victor SC Fung | Health Press | £15 |...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests