Book Review: Evaluating Outcomes in Health and Social Care
★ ★ ★ ★
Few texts on evaluating outcomes in healthcare address an important aspect of modern service delivery: that it often involves interagency work with different organisations.
One of a series of five books on interagency partnership in public health and social care, this book focuses on evaluation. It guides the reader through the outcomes evaluation process beginning with an explanation of what evaluation and outcomes are, and why they matter.
It goes on to cover research approaches for collaborative studies, evaluation research, and useful frameworks and concepts to guide decisions on how to evaluate components of service delivery.
Health service managers will find the resource sections at the end of each chapter useful. Policy-makers should also find the book helpful when commissioning research on service delivery evaluation in situations where two or more organisations are involved.
Helen Dickinson and...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests