Book review: The Essentials of Nursing Leadership
★ ★ ★ ★
All aspects of leadership are covered in this excellent book. The first part focuses on theory of leadership, and the second on the necessary skills, approaches and styles.
The book is up to date and relevant, with each chapter written, or contributed to, by experts, academics and healthcare leaders. References are made to the latest research, and there is a useful companion website that enables access to relevant journal articles and video clips.
Inspiring interviews with leaders and nursing students offer goals and career signposts.
Managers and leaders may also be reminded of the determination and compassion of nursing students.
Written in an empowering and encouraging style, nurse managers, educators and mentors should recommend this book to their students.
It may also be useful for leaders themselves. Although it may not help us to manage work-life balance...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests