Book review: Emergency Nursing at a glance
This is an excellent resource for emergency nurses of all levels. It highlights common presentations to the emergency department from wounds to poisoning to cardiac arrests.
It focuses on how to assess these patients, discussing appropriate investigations and treatment that may be required whilst providing rationales.
The information is up to date and the publication provides several visual aids which are appealing to the majority of readers.
However, the publication advises administering 28% oxygen via a venturi mask to patients who are known COPD to achieve target saturations of 88-92%. But it could be argued that, as in accordance with British Thoracic society guidelines, a 24% venturi mask should also be considered and may be more appropriate to achieve this target range.
Focus on nursing
The publication is mostly nursing focused. Some of the material may be too advanced for nurses...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests