App review: Royal Trinity Hospice
★ ★ ★ ★
Royal Trinity Hospice in south London has developed an app to help patients and carers navigate palliative care and access the support available to them.
Divided into five sections, including symptoms, medications and services, the app was developed after patients and carers reported difficulties knowing where to go for support.
The ‘my wishes’ section helps patients consider crucial end of life issues, such as where they would prefer to be cared for, what treatments they would be willing to receive, and their preferred place to die. The groups section outlines events run at the hospice and allows patients and carers to book a place.
The contacts section lists details for nurse teams as well as the befriending service, bereavement team and outpatient groups.
Though limited to patients and carers at this hospice, the app is a great idea...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests