App review: Natural Cycles, Birth Control & Ovulation Calc
★ ★ ★★
This fertility tracking app track the user's ovulation and period cycle to pinpoint their fertility and help prevent or plan a pregnancy.
Having received medical approval, the app offers women a new, regulated and approved contraception to use besides condoms, the pill and IUDs.
Users will need to enter personal data such as the date of their period, when they had sex and their body temperature.
There is a free trial for one month and the monthly plan costs £6.99 or £4.99 per year.
Practice nurses, sexual health nurses and those working in gynae departments can inform patients about the app as a tool to help prevent or plan a pregnancy. But as the app does not protect against sexually transmitted diseases, it should be recommended only in addition to birth control.
Reviewed by Layla Haidrani...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests