App review: Medic Bleep
★ ★ ★ ★
Medic Bleep is a secure instant messaging app that enables clinicians to discuss patient care quickly, securely and legally. It looks and feels like WhatsApp, but has been designed especially for the healthcare market to enable staff to communicate with each other securely and safely, and to help speed up conversations between clinicians to increase efficiency.
The app aims to help nurses save the 40% of the time they usually spend trying to update contact details and keep the multidisciplinary team in the loop.
Confidentiality is key to the app, allowing users to securely share case files, x-rays and symptom photos across the multidisciplinary team.
The app also prides itself on safe, secure messaging in contrast to other messaging apps that may not be security-compliant. This allows users to treat patients in a secure way. Cardiff and...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests