App review: HUG
★ ★ ★
Created by a woman who found little support after losing a baby, this app aims to support anyone following the loss of a baby at any gestation.
The app is divided into nine sections, with plenty of signposting to further reading and links to counselling, forums and professional services.
As the app is aimed at bereaved parents looking for advice on how to cope after the loss of a baby, or family members or friends seeking advice, it is tailored more towards them. Sections include links to personal stories, information on pregnancy after a loss, and the HUG forum, featuring discussion and information.
As a result, this app will not be as useful to nurses and midwives. However, they can direct patients to it for support after they leave hospital.
Due to concerns among many parents about negative experiences...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests