App review: eRedbook
★ ★ ★ ★
The NHS recently launched a digital version of the personal child health record, 'the red book'. It aims to replace the handheld book given to new parents to manage their child's health between 0-5 years and hopes that having the record digitally will facilitate better communication between parents and health professionals.
Rolled out across London, healthcare professionals will be able to manage children's healthcare and remotely access and enter information from a desktop, tablet or smartphone.
It will also help parents record and manage information about their child's development online from 28 weeks pregnant. They can keep their own personal notes and photos of their child’s growth and development and jot down questions to ask a health professional at the next visit.
The eRedbook includes information on immunisations, weight/height charts, developmental firsts and important contacts. It contains practical information...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests