App review: BECCA
★ ★ ★ ★
Created by charity Breast Cancer Care, this app aims to help people with breast cancer adapt to daily life once hospital treatment ends.
Developed by healthcare professionals and breast care nurses, who have suggested content, as well as people living with breast cancer, the app offers bite-sized suggestions designed to improve users’ quality of life after diagnosis and help them find a new ‘normal’.
Divided into 12 categories, including beauty, exercise, fashion, mindfulness and symptoms, the content is topical and breast cancer-specific. Tips are delivered in the form of a deck of cards and users can flick through ideas and cards they are interested in.
Each section offers the option of asking Breast Cancer Care nurses for extra support via email or phone, or raising further queries about breast cancer or breast health.
Nurses – in particular cancer...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests