Winter ready: infection prevention measures nurses can take now
Vaccination is top of the list of infection prevention and control tips for nurses as the NHS faces the double threat of COVID-19 and flu this winter
Front-line NHS and social care staff need support to prepare for a winter that could be challenging on two infection fronts – COVID-19 and flu – if not more.
Here, infection prevention and control (IPC) nurse Nesta Featherstone offers a quick reminder about what you can do to help minimise the spread of infection and face this winter with confidence.
What will this winter to be like from an infection prevention and control nursing point of view?
As IPC teams plan for winter and the flu season, the risk of a
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests