Backdated holiday pay: how to get any money you are owed
Find out if you’re eligible for a one-off corrective payment for ‘regular overtime’ worked in 2019-2021 and previously not calculated in your holiday pay
Why are nurses getting back-dated holiday pay now?
Earlier this year, NHS nurses in England were told they could be eligible to get back-dated holiday pay after a campaign to correct historic errors in the way it was worked out.
The move followed a series of legal claims by members of Unison and negotiations with NHS employers led by the union.Sara Gorton
The errors occurred because some NHS organisations did not take into account overtime when calculating holiday pay.
The deal agreed by Unison
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests