What nurses do every day is more important than winning an Olympic medal
Let's enjoy and celebrate the incredible achievements of Team GB in Rio but take a moment to acknowledge that nurses are heroes every day, says nursing student Georgina O'Reilly-Foley
I adore the Olympic Games. Team GB and hundreds of other athletes around the world sacrifice so many years of their lives, shedding blood, sweat and tears for a discipline they believe in.
Being able to represent your country and have the whole nation supporting you must be amazing.Making mum proud
I asked my mum if I could ever make her as proud as the athletes parents and she replied: You already do, Georgina. You do a job that only a special type of person can do. Yes, we can all be kind and caring but only a few of us will...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring more than 200 topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- RCNi Learning featuring 180 CPD-accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests