What every nurse stands to gain from the NMC’s new proficiency standards
The regulator’s ambitious standards apply to all nurses, not just students
This month sees the first students embark on newly approved nurse education programmes designed to meet the Nursing and Midwifery Council’s (NMC) new proficiency standards.
To date, about two thirds of our nurse education providers in England have been approved, with 24 ready to begin their programmes and more completing this process each week.
The ambitious standards were published in May 2018, as part of the regulator’s new standards for education and future nurse plans.
The start of these programmes is another notable landmark in the history of nurse regulation, and particularly fitting as we prepare to celebrate the professionalism of nursing in the UK by marking a century since the...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests