Stephanie Aiken: How the RCN's Celebrating Nursing Practice initiative showcases everyday innovations
Nurses already know how to improve care but too often their good ideas don’t get the attention they deserve. The RCN is helping nurses demonstrate and promote the difference they make.
In nursing we are often not good at promoting what we do and how we make a difference in the lives of those we care for. We need to reflect on why this is so. Is it because we don’t recognise that our ideas and interventions are novel, we are too busy to share them more widely, or too modest to promote innovations?
Sometimes it may be a lack of confidence in presenting what we are doing to a wider audience or not knowing how best to disseminate our ideas.
In response to this, and as part of helping to raise the voice of nursing and highlight its contribution in...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests