Sir Stephen Moss: We must not repeat the mistakes of Mid Staffs
The NHS is experiencing many of the pressures that led to catastrophic failures of care at Mid Staffordshire NHS Foundation Trust. The trust's former, troubleshooting chairman says an increase in funding and proper support for STPs are essential to avert another tragedy and put the NHS on a sustainable footing
These are exceptionally tough times for everyone involved in providing care and treatment across NHS settings. Colleagues on the front line face unprecedented pressure day in, day out, without any respite and often with limited resources. As a nurse it distresses me greatly to see graphic images of elderly, frail patients waiting for long periods on trolleys in overcrowded emergency departments.
We have to address the current unsatisfactory situation and bring about sustainable, long-term improvements...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests