Sharon Blackburn and Stacey McCann: Leading Change, Adding Value releases the potential of care workers
The Leading Change, Adding Value framework is supporting care staff as well as nurses and midwives to tackle unwanted variation and transform services
The Leading Change, Adding Value (LCAV) framework for all nursing, midwifery and care staff was launched in May 2016 by England’s chief nursing officer Jane Cummings. The framework not only supports staff, it also benefits people who use services.
Social care colleagues developed a set of ‘I statements’ for people they support, related to the ten commitments of LCAV and the 6Cs, nursing’s value base .
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests