Restoring routine NHS diabetes nursing care: what will it take?
Disruptions caused by the COVID-19 pandemic have left many patients struggling alone, but life-saving routine care is an urgent priority, says Diabetes UK
Nurses have been, are and always will be key in delivering diabetes care.
From health education and medication reviews through to dialysis and wound management, they are integral to supporting people living with this serious, lifelong condition.
Diabetes care needs to be given greater priority
Nurses have faced unprecedented challenges throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, like fellow healthcare professionals across the country. As we move towards a post-pandemic era, we know many nurses still feel exhausted, and many feel undervalued.
- RELATED: What do diabetes
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests