Racism denied: don’t brush aside our everyday experiences
Long-awaited report is an insult to nurses, and ignores the reality of systemic racism in the NHS
The long-awaited report from the Commission on Race and Ethnic Disparities was published last week – and it was a slap in the face to most black and brown nurses in the UK.
To be told by a government-sanctioned review that ‘we no longer see a Britain where the system is deliberately rigged against minorities’ and that Britain is a ‘beacon’ of multiculturalism goes against my experience – and, I suspect, that of many other people of colour.
Race report denies the reality of my experience
I didn’t have high expectations of the report but, even so, when I
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests