One CLIC away
Callum was in hospital for the next 40 days for intensive chemotherapy, which was incredibly tough and upsetting. In the first week, we met Rachel from CLIC Sargent, a charity that provides emotional, practical, financial and clinical support to children and young people undergoing cancer treatment and their families.
Rachel, a social worker based at Alder Hey Hospital, offered to help us. Without her continued support since that first week, I believe our family would have fallen apart.
Almost immediately, Rachel awarded us a CLIC Sargent grant of £170 to help with the extra costs following Callum’s diagnosis. We were struggling to pay for the fuel to visit Callum, and hospital meals are not cheap either. It made a massive difference.
She then helped us to apply for housing benefit to cover the rent on our council house, which was a big relief, and to apply for...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests