NHS People Plan: we need ambition, funding and leaders who are legally accountable
Safe staffing crisis is crying out for solutions that are radical, says RCN England director
A Mumsnet partnership is one of the plan's more eye-catching ideas.
I woke up on Tuesday to find the health press summing up the week’s biggest NHS news as ‘jam tomorrow’ – perhaps a little unfairly.
A fuller read of the Interim NHS People Plan revealed a welcome but underdeveloped set of proposals to improve NHS management, boost ethical overseas recruitment, create more clinical training places and increase the number of nursing associates. There’s also a much-reported partnership with Mumsnet to tempt leavers to return.
What we have is a plan for a plan
There’s little to disagree with in any of this, and it...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests