Katrina McNamara: Government action vital to improve children's palliative care
Out of hours children's palliative care services are vital to support the families of seriously ill children, yet a report by the charity Together for Short Lives reveals a lack of planning and funding for these services by clinical commissioning groups and local authorities in England
The report on the commissioning of children’s palliative care services in England, published in early November by the children's charity Together for Short Lives , makes challenging reading for those committed to providing quality of life and end of life care for children with life-limiting conditions.
Caring for a seriously ill child is not a nine to five job. What is most striking in the report is the disparity...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests