Janet Finch: NMC’s radical approach will improve care and support the profession
The Nursing and Midwifery Council’s outgoing chair Dame Janet Finch explains some important recent decisions, including the new fitness to practise strategy, education standards for registered nurses and a consultation on the nursing associate role
The Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) has taken key decisions to move to the next stage on some important areas of our work – our proposed new fitness to practise strategy, our nursing associate consultation and new education standards for registered nurses.
The decisions agreed at the Council’s March meeting allow us to make progress with our work on new education standards. Ambitious and outcome-focused, they will give future nurses the knowledge and skills they need to deliver excellent care across a range of...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests